Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yes, I'm still alive :) Season your steaks! Check out this marinade that you'll love :)

I should have put a vacation reply message on my blog to let you all know that I'd be back!  June is probably the craziest month of the year for us wedding professionals and I haven't had one moment to breathe!  Or cook for that matter!  And definitely no time to blog.  But, my hubby's schedule is starting to regulate a bit now and though I'm still just a crazy- we've gotta eat :-)  So, I've been cooking again....well, I've been grilling again I should say.  I love SUMMER!  Easy grilling recipes, easy clean-up and lots of Bells Oberon to accompany all that easy cooking and easy eating.

One of the things I'm most known for in my family is the way I season meats, specifically steak.  I have a very strong opinion regarding meats and poultry---seasoning enhances the flavor, so don't be shy. I cannot stand a steak that just has a dash of salt and 2 sprinkles of pepper.  Bleh!  I don't mean cover the meats flavor, but I do mean bring out the natural flavors. I had the best steak when I was in Italy and both times I visited I tried to taste the steak to get a sense of what was on it.  I'm not sure I've even come close to what they did, it was perfection, but I'm close! :) I know you'll love the flavor as well.  The following recipe is what I use for steak, but it can be used on chicken and in a burger mix as well.  I usually triple or quadruple the recipe and make a little squeeze bottle of this mixture and use it for a few weeks as we're grilling all of our favorites.  I've marinated chicken wings in a big ol' batch of this as well and they are soooo good!  But honestly, this will be the best steak you've ever eaten.  From Skirt Steak to Ribeye to a Porterhouse....you will love it. 

On a side note, when you buy your Porterhouse, Ribeye or T-bone steaks have the butcher cut the steak in the cooler in half horizontally, making it a thin steak.  Much cheaper and it really takes on marinades and seasoning so much better.  It's how the Italians do it and I've never liked steak more than when it's a thin cut.  And, 2 steaks can now feed a family of 4!  Can't beat that.

Housepitalities Steak Marinade

Ingredients:
-1 teaspoon Salt
-1/2 teaspoon Pepper
-1 teaspoon Herbs d'Provence or italian herb mixture
-1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
-1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
-2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
-1 large Garlic clove- grated
-1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
-1 tablespoon Olive Oil


Directions:
It's simple!  Mix all of this in a bowl and rub into steak or poultry.  Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temp or marinate poultry for 2-3 hours.  Grill to desired temp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment